Our Environmental Policy
As a company, we are committed to reducing our impact on the environment. We aim to meet the needs of the present without compromising future generations.
We aim to do this by:
- Supporting local farmers, growers and suppliers wherever possible
- Recycling our glass, plastics and cardboard
- Reducing our energy usage through improved insulation
- Stocking FSC timber garden products wherever possible
- Promoting the use of plants to create more green space and to encourage wildlife
- Playing our role in the community by supporting local schools and charities
- Providing biodegradable carrier bags and ‘Bags for Life’
- Using water butts wherever possible & encouraging our customers to do the same
- Offering a range of organic or environmentally friendly gardening solutions
Our Peat Policy
We share the public concern to reduce peat use in order to minimise the effect of global peat extraction on peat bog habitats.
We are committed to providing:
- Information so that our customers can make informed decisions
- A range of high quality growing medium fit for all purposes and meeting government guidelines
- Growing medium supplied by reputable and responsible companies.